October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is celebrated around the world. This campaign has helped to reduce the stigma associated with breast cancer. It is a time when we celebrate the advances in research and treatment, rally to raise awareness and educate those about the disease and advocate for our family members and friends who are affected. To Life! hosts and participates in many community activites during the month of October. Visit our Calendar of Events or Facebook page to check out what's going on and how you can join in.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month also serves as a reminder to stay up-to-date on screenings and to assess and revise health habits. Living a healthy lifestyle can directly impact the chances of being diagnosed with cancer.
Join With To Life!
This year we invite you to join in on one of our activities to have fun and raise much needed funds for the organization. There are many creative ways you can safely participate whether it is virtually or "socially distanced" with limited people. Listed below are some of the events we currently have planned. Check back often as there will be more to come!
If you are interested in hosting your own event or fundraiser to raise much needed funds for our organization, contact us by calling 518-439-5975 or email Sue Abbuhl at email@example.com and she can help you with the logistics, details and promotion.
To Life! Events - Join in the fun! It's for a good cause.
- To Life! Calendar of Events
- Capital Region Pink Mile Challenge - a virtual 5k
- Moonlight Soiree
- Breast Health Workshop - bring awareness to your co-workers, colleagues, neighbors or friends about breast cancer. Schedule a virtual workshop today!
Interested in helping in other ways? Here are some creative ideas that you can initiate:
- Bring awareness. Wear a pink ribbon every day during October.
- Host your own fundraising activity - organize a bake sale, paint and sell pink pumpkins, organize a walk/run, host a garage sale, consider making a craft to sell. The possibilities are endless!
- Donate an auction item to one of our fundraising events.
- More Impactful ideas on how you can help raise funds during October.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser.
Screening Guidelines and Risk Factors
- Am I At Risk?
- Breast Health Assessment - Online/Interactive
- Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Breast Cancer Risks
- New York State Breast Cancer Services
- New York State Department of Health Cancer Services Program
- Risk Factors and Prevention
- Where to Find Low- Cost or Free Mammograms