Blog_Thumbnail_Images_4.png
A lumpectomy is the most common type of surgery used in breast cancer treatment. At MD Anderson, our breast cancer surgeons perform around 900 lumpectomies each year.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_2.png
Caring for your mouth is about far more than having a pretty smile.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images.png
The metabolic processes that help your body use food for energy and nourishment are extremely complex. The hormone insulin is a key player.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_2.png
The COVID-19 pandemic brought mRNA vaccines into the limelight. But the technology may also prove to be a powerful weapon against hard-to-treat cancers.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_1.png
Mental health has been negatively impacted during the pandemic. And as states begin to transition back to a pre-pandemic life, it may cause increased anxiety about reopening for many.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_4.png
Drugs routinely used during fertility treatments to release eggs do not increase the risk of developing breast cancer, new research has shown.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_3.png
As a former nurse in MD Anderson’s Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), I felt pretty familiar with breast cancer surgery. So, I thought I knew what to expect when I scheduled my own mastectomy last August.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_6.png
Can immunotherapy treat breast cancer? For certain patients, the answer is yes.
Blog_Pic_-_PARP_Inhibitor.jpg
New research has revealed that a one-year course of a drug called a PARP inhibitor can help to reduce the risk of breast cancer recurrence, and progression to secondary breast cancer, in people with early breast cancer with a change in the BRCA gene.
Blog_Thumbnail_Images_12.png
Researchers say higher vitamin D levels may help improve a person’s odds of surviving breast cancer.