To Life! strives to offer meaningful wellness classes and programs to support the overall emotional and physical well-being of breast cancer patients and survivors. As a result of COVID-19, we have shifted these to virtual programs. Classes will be announced and posted to our Facebook page, included in our e-news as well as listed on our Calendar of Events. We encourage you to Like! our Facebook page, sign up for our e-news on the website Home Page or check our calendar often.
There is also a myriad of free wellness classes and videos for breast cancer survivors online: both live Zoom and recorded classes. These offer an opportunity for survivors to continue on the path of restorative health. Some of the live Zoom classes require registration (most free or some with a small fee) while other recorded classes are posted to YouTube so individuals can participate at their own convenience. We hope you will explore and take advantage of some of these wonderful resources listed below.
Local Complementary Wellness Therapies
Integrative Studio - Local Albany Practitioner Melissa Hurt offers - 3 Part Meditation Series:
Reiki Energy Sessions with Judy Rosch
Certified Reiki practitioner Judy Rosch is offering complimentary virtual Reiki Energy sessions. Reiki can help promote relaxation and healing and can have a rejuvenating and refreshing effect. Judy has a BS in Nursing and worked in the health field since 1970. Judy also earned certificates as a Brennan Healing Science Practitioner and a Chopra Center Ayurvedic Lifestyle instructor. Judy has been a long time supporter and friend of To Life! For appointments, please contact Judy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sangha Yoga Classes
Jai Yoga is offering yoga classes on a sliding fee scale. Jai Yoga strives to build a community bound together by wellness, body and spirit. Jai Yoga is located in the Vista Technology Park in Slingerlands.
YANA Yoga offers complimentary yoga classes to survivors and thrivers. YANA Yoga is located in Malta at 100 Saratoga Village Blvd., Suite 26. Email Ellen at email@example.com for more information and to sign up.
Helpful Wellness Links
Exercise, Mindfulness and Nutrition Programs
- Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester - gentle yoga and more
- Breast Cancer Freebies
- Breast Cancer Haven - located in the U.K. so there will be a time difference for online classes
- Breast Cancer in Women of Color - NYU Langone Medical Center
- Breast Cancer Network of Western NY
- Breast Cancer and Nutrition - Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Breast Cancer Stress Release Essentrics Gentle Exercise
- Breathing Beyond: Weekly Yoga Series - Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Cancer Dietitian - Life Style Tips for Prevention and Survivorship - Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN - Live and Recorded Cooking Videos via YouTube
- Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors - YouTube
- Forest Therapy Walks with Diane Kavanaugh-Black
- Healthy Eating Tips for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Plant Based Cooking Talk and Demonstration with Patty Wukitsch, MS, RD, CDN of Hannaford Supermarkets
- Lymphedema Exercises
- Mindful Meditation for Breast Cancer Survivors - YouTube
- Moving for Life
- Online Workouts Suitable for Indoors - Maurer Foundation
- Power of Pink Symposium: Nutrition and Breast Cancer - Let's Cook!
- Quarantine Survival Kit
- QiGong for Breast Cancer Survivors - YouTube
- QiGong Gentle Practice - YouTube
- Surviving Breast Cancer Wellness Programs
- The Hope Club - Latham, NY
- YWCA of White Plains & Central Westchester - Tai Chi & Gentle Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors - Email & Access Calendar
- Insight Timer
- Smiling Mind
- Tarah Brach Guided Meditation
- Ten Percent Happier
- Tibetan Healing Sound Experience