To Life! is committed to serving the Greater Capital Region and surrounding communities. Amid this global health crisis, we will continue to support the needs of breast cancer survivors, those in active treatment and beyond. Message from our Founder/Board President and Executive Director
To Life! Services:
- To Life! boutiques in Delmar and Saratoga Springs are closed for appointments. Please contact Chris Breton firstname.lastname@example.org if you are urgently in need for product or to be connected with one of our fitters for a telephone consultation.
- Our Support Services Program Manager, Melanie McCulley, is able to “meet” with women diagnosed with breast cancer, via phone and video chat and provide resources and individual and group support via phone, email, and webchat. Contact Melanie at email@example.com to refer patients for support and connection with others.
- In addition to offering virtual support groups, Melanie is also hosting two virtual Survivorship/Thrivership conversations in April; one for folks 1-5 years out from diagnosis and another for folks 5+ years out from diagnosis. These forums are spaces for women to discuss issues and challenges related to diagnosis and treatment and to learn from one another. Information is on Facebook and our Calendar.
- Care Pairs – during this time of unplanned homebound restriction, we have had requests to connect. There are many avenues. Our Support Services Program Manager leads this effort and can help you. Contact Melanie McCulley at firstname.lastname@example.org to tap into the network today.
- We are thrilled to be able to offer virtual healing Reiki sessions through one of our wonderful practitioners, Reiki master, Judy Rosch. To schedule a session, please email Judy directly at email@example.com.
To Life! Events:
- All wellness programs scheduled for March and April are postponed. We are looking into hosting virtual programs. More details to follow.
- Our annual fundraising event, A Toast for To Life!, will not continue in-person as planned on May 5, 2020. We will be hosting a virtual A Toast To Life!-Serving with Gratitude event on June 2nd, 2020. For additional information on this event, please head here.
Links that May be Helpful during the Stay at Home Order
Mindfulness, Wellness, and Workout Links
- Breast Cancer Haven - located in the U.K. so there will be a time difference for online classes
- Breast Cancer Stress Release Essentrics Gentle Exercise
- Breathing Beyond: Weekly Yoga Series - Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Gentle QiGong Practice
- Online Workouts Suitable for Indoors
- Quarantine Survival Kit
Meditation/Relaxation Apps and Video Links
- Insight Timer
- Lymphedema Exercises
- Smiling Mind
- Tarah Brach Guided Meditation
- Ten Percent Happier
- Tibetan Healing Sound Experience
Cooking at Home Links
- Cancer Dietitian - Evidence based lifestyle tips for cancer prevention and survivorship
- Cooking for Your Life - Cancer survivor Ann Gaffney Ogden discusses how cooking can help provide comfort and anxiety relief for cancer patients
- Make Your Own Soup Recipe
- Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Brownies
Breast Cancer Care During COVID-19
- Breast Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- COVID-19 and Breast Cancer Care: What Patients Need to Know
- COVID-19 Patient Care Information
General Information as it Pertains to Cancer Patients
- COVID landing page for American Cancer Society
- COVID landing page at BreastCancer.org
- COVID landing page at CancerCare (has many additional resources)
- New York Oncology Hematology
General Health Information
- Physical Distancing and What it Means
- The Importance of Facial Coverings and How to Make Your Own
- Can Telehealth Help Flatten the Curve of COVID-19?
- Explaining the $2 trillion relief package
- Advice for Filing Unemployment Benefits: Document Everything and Be Persistent
- Protect yourself financially from the impact of the Coronavirus - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Credit card issuers offer customer assistance in response to Coronavirus
- This site provides financial assistance to at-risk or those quarantined with COVID-19.
- Personal Finance Advice For The Coronavirus Crisis - 4 minute listen
Entertainment For You and the Family
Other resources and links that may be helpful to you at this time:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website, which includes helpful resources in multiple languages and guidance on addressing the stigma around COVID-19
- County Health Officials of New York - select your county
- New York State Department of Health website