To Life! is committed to serving the Greater Capital Region and surrounding communities. Amid this global health crisis, we will continue to support the needs of breast cancer survivors, those in active treatment and beyond.
To Life! Services:
- To Life! boutiques in Delmar and Saratoga Springs are closed. Please contact Chris Breton email@example.com to schedule fitting appointments or to be connected with one of our fitters for consultation.
- Our Support Services Program Manager, Melanie McCulley, will “meet” with women diagnosed with breast cancer, via phone and video chat and provide resources and individual and group support via phone, email, and webchat. Contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org and to refer patients for support and connection with others.
- Care Pairs – during this time of unplanned homebound restriction, we have had requests to connect. There are many avenues. Our Support Services Program Manager leads this effort and can help you. Contact Melanie McCulley at email@example.com to tap into the network today.
- We are thrilled to be able to offer virtual healing Reiki sessions through one of our wonderful practitioners, Reiki master, Judy Rosch. To schedule a session, please email Judy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Life! Events:
- Wellness programs scheduled for March and April are postponed. We are looking into hosting virtual programs. More details to follow.
- Our annual fundraising event, A Toast for To Life!, will not continue in-person as planned on May 5, 2020. We are exploring alternative options to gather together safely online while retaining our plans to honor our award recipients, toast our community, and raise vital funds necessary to support our mission and serve this community. Please stay tuned as details are available.
Links that May be Helpful during the Stay at Home Order
Mindfulness, Wellness, and Workout Links
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Gentle QiGong Practice
- Online Workouts Suitable for Indoors
- Quarantine Survival Kit
Apps for Meditation/Relaxation: Headspace, Breathe2Relax, Colorfly (free coloring) and Smiling Mind
Cooking at Home Links
- Cooking for Your Life-Cancer survivor Ann Gaffney Ogden discusses how cooking can help provide comfort and anxiety relief for cancer patients
- Make Your Own Soup Recipe
- Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Brownies
General Information as it Pertains to Cancer Patients
- COVID landing page for American Cancer Society
- COVID landing page at BreastCancer.org
- COVID landing page at CancerCare (has many additional resources)
- Explaining the $2 trillion relief package
- Advice for Filing Unemployment Benefits: Document Everything and Be Persistent
- Protect yourself financially from the impact of the Coronavirus - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Credit card issuers offer customer assistance in response to Corona Virus
- This site provides financial assistance to at-risk or those quarantined with COVID-19.
- Personal Finance Advice For The Coronavirus Crisis - 4 minute listen
Entertainment For You and the Family
Other resources and links that may be helpful to you at this time:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website, which includes helpful resources in multiple languages and guidance on addressing the stigma around COVID-19
- New York State Department of Health website