To Life! Service Updates
How to Contact Us:
Office Phone number: 518-439-5975
Executive Director, Eileen Birdemail@example.com
Assistant Director, Chris Breton (contact for boutique inquiries)-firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Services Manager, Melanie McCulleyemail@example.com
Community Outreach Coordinator, Sue Abbuhlfirstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE SAFETY PROTOCOLS: The To Life! offices will only be accessible by appointment or by contacting the office prior to entering. If you are in need of services or an appointment, please call our office at 518-439-5975 and we will be happy to schedule you. We continue to offer support services virtually and product fitting services by appointment only and under safe, strict protocol as outlined below:
- Please do not bring any guests to your appointment.
- Once you have arrived for your appointment, please call the main number to notify us of your arrival, and a staff member will meet you at the door to let you into the building.
- Please wear a mask when entering our offices. If you do not have one, To Life! will provide one for you.
- For the protection of our clients and staff, our fitters will be wearing PPE that will include a mask, latex-free gloves, and a protective garment.
24 hours prior to your appointment, our fitter will contact you by telephone to confirm your appointment and ask you a series of health questions. Please do not attend your appointment if you have any of the following symptoms:
· Shortness of Breath or Chest Tightness
· Sore Throat
· Nasal Congestion/Runny Nose
· Myalgia (Body Aches)
· Loss of Taste and/or Smell
· Have been diagnosed with coronavirus or exposed to a positive case of coronavirus within the past 14 days
Thank you for your cooperation. To Life! looks forward to continuing to bring services to those affected by breast cancer.
To Life! Support and Wellness Services:
- Our Support Services Program Manager, Melanie McCulley, is able to “meet” with women diagnosed with breast cancer, via phone and video chat and provide resources and individual and group support via phone, email, and webchat. Contact Melanie at email@example.com to refer patients for support and connection with others.
- In addition to offering virtual support groups, from time-to-time Melanie hosts a variety of topic focused virtual gatherings. These forums are places for women to discuss issues and challenges related to diagnosis and treatment and to learn from one another. These will be posted to our Facebook page (please "like" our page so you'll be automatically notified) and our Calendar so check back often.
- Care Pairs – if you're interested in being connected with a survivor "buddy" for virtual socialization and support contact Melanie McCulley at firstname.lastname@example.org to tap into the network today.
- We are thrilled to be able to offer virtual healing Reiki sessions through one of our wonderful certified Reiki practitioner, Judy Rosch. To schedule a session, please email Judy directly at email@example.com.
To Life! Events:
- All our wellness programs are currently on pause. We are looking into hosting virtual programs. More details to follow.
- We will be hosting our annual Beat the Odds education symposium on Wednesday, August 5 from 9:00 to 11:00 am. This will be a virtual event. Our Cynthia Shenker Memorial Speaker, Dr. Jung-Min Lee, Oncologist will present on New Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Treatments and Understanding and Accessing Clinicial Trial for Breast Cancer. Dr. Lee is with the Center for Cancer Research at the National Cancer Institute. Click here for more information and to register.
Virtual Wellness Links that May be Helpful:
Mindfulness, Wellness, and Workout Links
- Breast Cancer Haven - located in the U.K. so there will be a time difference for online classes
- Breast Cancer Stress Release Essentrics Gentle Exercise
- Breathing Beyond: Weekly Yoga Series - Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Forest Therapy Walks with Diane Kavanaugh-Black
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Gentle QiGong Practice
- Online Workouts Suitable for Indoors
- Quarantine Survival Kit
Meditation/Relaxation Apps and Video Links
- Insight Timer
- Lymphedema Exercises
- Smiling Mind
- Tarah Brach Guided Meditation
- Ten Percent Happier
- Tibetan Healing Sound Experience
Cooking at Home Links
- Cancer Dietitian - Evidence based lifestyle tips for cancer prevention and survivorship
- Cooking for Your Life - Cancer survivor Ann Gaffney Ogden discusses how cooking can help provide comfort and anxiety relief for cancer patients
- Make Your Own Soup Recipe
- Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Brownies
Breast Cancer Care During COVID-19
- Breast Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- COVID-19 and Breast Cancer Care: What Patients Need to Know
- COVID-19 Patient Care Information
General Information as it Pertains to Cancer Patients
- COVID landing page for American Cancer Society
- COVID landing page at BreastCancer.org
- COVID landing page at CancerCare (has many additional resources)
- New York Oncology Hematology
- The Tutu Project - Provides funds for groceries for people with breast cancer struggling to feed their families during the pandemic.
General Health Information
- Physical Distancing and What it Means
- The Importance of Facial Coverings and How to Make Your Own
- Can Telehealth Help Flatten the Curve of COVID-19?
- Explaining the $2 trillion relief package
- Advice for Filing Unemployment Benefits: Document Everything and Be Persistent
- Protect yourself financially from the impact of the Coronavirus - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Credit card issuers offer customer assistance in response to Coronavirus
- This site provides financial assistance to at-risk or those quarantined with COVID-19.
- Personal Finance Advice For The Coronavirus Crisis - 4 minute listen
Other resources and links that may be helpful:
- Bristol Myers Squibb - Pharmaceutical assistance and expanded patient support program for people in the U.S. who have lost their job and health insurance due to COVID-19 and for people who are non-U.S. residents and unable to travel to their home country due to COVID-19. Toll free: 800-821-8909.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website, which includes helpful resources in multiple languages and guidance on addressing the stigma around COVID-19
- County Health Officials of New York - select your county
- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Healthwell Foundation - Assistance with costs related to food, medicine, diagnostics, telemedicine and transportation. Toll free: 800-675-8416.
- New York State Attorney General's Health Care Bureau - Protects and advocates for the rights of all healthcare consumers in NYS. Toll-free hotline: 800-428-9071.
- New York State Department of Health website
- PAN Foundation - Eligible applicants can use the financial support for treatment expenses for COVID-19, over-the-counter and prescription medicines, medical equipment and supplies, and groceries and meals, including delivery services. Call: 866-316-7263
- Patient Advocate Foundation - Eligible applicants in need of non-medical, day-to-day cost of living expenses as a result of their diagnosis of COVID-19, including utility bills, rent or mortgage payments, car payments and other transportation expenses and temporary lodging. Call 855-824-7941 option 1.
- The Pink Fund - This program provides limited yet critical financial aid for housing, transportation, utilities, and insurance for up to 90 days. Call (877) 234-7465 to apply.
- Triage Cancer - Comprehensive updates on financial and insurance resources for COVID-19.
- United Way 211 - The United Way's 211 service connects millions of people across the United States to help. Your local 211 can assist you with locating resources for food, housing bills, and other essential services.